What does "section backups" mean?

What does "section backups" mean?

by Mary Cooch -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
If you are a student in a course (or a teacher with no front page rights or with no rights in another course) and you go to the file picker>server files then alongside your own folder with your name you will have a course category folder and a front page folder. If you click into either of those you will only see a folder "section backups" (presumably because you have no rights in those places) But what does that mean?What would it normally contain? It's confusing me
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: What does "section backups" mean?

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
In Moodle 2.0, if you have the permissions, you can backup either a whole course, or a single activity, or a section of a course.

I guess those backup files get stored in different places.

I also suspect that if you don't have rights in the front page course, that folder should not be visible.
In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: What does "section backups" mean?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Thanks. So really- those folders should either not be visible to any users other than those with related permissions -or else have some message saying "you don't have permission to view this"?