Quiz

Picture of Nancy Lake
D2L to Moodle

I teach at a Distributed Learning school. We are making a switch from Desire 2 Learn to Moodle. Does anyone know an "easy" way to export quizzes from D2L and import into Moodle? Any help is appreciated...the D2L file is a zip file...thanks!

Average of ratings: -
Tim at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary
Re: D2L to Moodle
Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful Moodlers
Are you able to make a small example export. Perhaps set it up so that the export will contain just one question of each type, an then attach the file here for us to look at.

Moodle is designed so that different question import/export formats are plugins, so if someone wants to support a new format, they just have to write a new plugin. If you have a lot of questions to transfer you might find the cheapest option is to commission a Moodle Partner, or some other developer, to create the necessary plugin for you.

Picture of Andrew Dahl

I'm actually currently working on a plug-in to do that for my boss on campus. I started about a week ago and am hoping to have it mostly done within the month. I'll keep you posted.

Tim at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary
Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful Moodlers
Excellent! When you are in a position to share, guidance on the support available is on Development:Guidelines_for_contributed_code.

Picture of Andrew Dahl

Awesome! I'll be sure to follow through with that. Thanks for the information!

Picture of Grace Dyck

Hi Andrew, I was wondering if you finished the converter to convert d2l zip files to something that could be imported to Moodle. If so is it available for use?

Grace

Picture of dirk meyer

Hey Andrew,

How are things going on this? My Boss wants this too. Would be great if we could surprise him with a working D2L->Moodle quiz tool before the end of June so he can have a relaxing summer holiday smile

Picture of Andrew Dahl

Dirk,

Well, I've had a few set backs due to work and such, so I'm not done just yet. However, I'm very confident that I should be able to finish this up before June ends.

I'll post back when I have something usable, which I'm hoping to be next week.

Picture of Janet Smith

Hey Andrew - This sounds really interesting. Have you had a chance to work on it? Even if it isn't quite polished yet, maybe we could help you test it?

Thanks!
Janet