Uploaded resource frame vanishes when upgrading from 1.3x to 1.4x

Uploaded resource frame vanishes when upgrading from 1.3x to 1.4x

by Tim Williams -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Plugin developers
I've just tried upgrading my test installation from moodle 1.3.4 to 1.4.2 and have discovered a major problem. All of the courses on my server use uploaded files for the content, but while upgrading to 1.4.2, I have discovered that the navigation bar is no longer displayed by when viewing such resources. This seems to be due to a new feature allowing the user to specify whether or not the nav bar is visible for individual resource, unfortuantly the default for this feature changes the previous behavour of moodle, which showed the nav bar above uploaded pages. The new feature is good and potentially useful, but it really should preserve the previous behaviour as the default.

There is no way I can roll out 1.4.2 onto our main server, since this would break every single course on our server and require every single page resource in every course to be edited to get back the nav bar. There are 1000's of such resources and this would take weeks to do !

Is there any way of globally re-enabling the nav bar for uploaded resource without having to spend weeks editing every single resource ? I've looked and can't find any options.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tim Williams

Re: Uploaded resource frame vanishes when upgrading from 1.3x to 1.4x

by Tim Williams -
Picture of Plugin developers
I'm assuming since nobody has replied that there is no solution to this problem. So i'll treat it as bug and report it in the relevant place.