Auth plugin missing

Auth plugin missing

by Ali Hastie -
Number of replies: 3

Hi

I am very impressed with Moodle 2.0, excellent!wink

When I go to Users and Manage Authentication in Moodle 2.0 i receive this error: Authentication plugin samaritan not found and unable to proceed further in managing the authentication plugins.

Cheers,

Ali

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ali Hastie

Re: Auth plugin missing

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Ali,

In the auth/ directory do you, perhaps, have an errant empty folder called 'samaritan'? If so, delete it.

This could be caused by pulling from cvs without dropping empty directories.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Howard Miller

Re: Auth plugin missing

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers

Hi Howard,

Good tip.  I am helping out a new moodler (and learning that I have not made every mistake possible) on a 1.9.9 site.

My tip is to look at the /auth directory for folders that do not belong there.  Sometimes the ones that do not belong there are obvious. Maybe archive the suspected folders, then delete those misplaced folders smile

For example, another auth subdirectory might cause a problem.   Not sure how this happened on this particular site.  Yesterday, i found a /mod/mod (which  created a debug error because it was looking for the "mod" activity).   Saw your tip this morning, and had an AH HA. Yep there was an /auth/auth  folder with all the subfolders under it too!  Deleting it got rid of the error message and the site.

I think I will let the owner of the site get rid of any other double folders and stop my volunteer work.  Well off to work seeing if I can avoid breaking a old and tired 1.5.2 server while repairing some backup MySQL tables.

Bless you Howard!   No MySQL dump and rebuild needed.  And upgrading to 1.9.10 would not have fixed that problem either those extra folder would remain.  Heros all.  Chris