Quizzes not advancing in IE8

Quizzes not advancing in IE8

by Deborah Delin -
Number of replies: 6
Hi Gordon!

I updated my Quizport version a few days ago.

Now the quizzes are not advancing in IE8. They advance fine in Firefox (which was previously a problem) and Chrome.

Here is an example:

http://www.strivney.co.il/mod/quizport/view.php?tab=preview&quizid=5586 (it's a very short quiz).

I have checked several quizzes on the site and it's the same with all of them. I haven't changed anything so I am thinking it is a problem with the latest Quizport version (strange others haven't reported it though..........).

I await your advice.

Thank you.

Deborah)
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Deborah Delin

Re: Quizzes not advancing in IE8

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Deborah,
from what I can see this problem affects jmatch_html_intro quizzes running in IE. Does that sound right to you?

For example, here's a jquiz_html quiz that does move on when it is finished:
Looking at the code this issue affects just about all versions IE. It will not be difficult to fix. I will do so later today.

Many thanks for reporting this issue and for posting a link so I could experience it first hand approve

regards
Gordon
In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Deborah Delin -
Hi Gordon,

Yes, I see you are right. In fact it seems that the problem only affects jmatch_intro quizzes in IE. Ordinary jmatch and jmemori quizzes advance normally.

I actually just updated my Quizport version because this exact problem was occurring in Firefox and you fixed it. Now Firefox works and IE does not. When you fix the IE problem, please could you check that jmatch_intro works in the other browsers too?

Thanks so much.

Deborah

by Deborah Delin -
Hi again Gordon,

The person who reported the Jintro quiz not advancing also reported it as displaying enormous and off the page (see attached screenshot). She insists it is not her settings. Now that we have established that there is a problem in IE with this particular quiz, I am wondering if that might also be an issue, although I wasn't able to replicate it on my computer.

Deborah

p.s. I am still having the double echo iSpring problem.

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
HI Deborah,
I have fixed the problem with jmatch_html_intro not moving on in IE. I tested IE6, IE7 and IE8. I also tested FF3, Chrome and Opera, and every time the jIntro quiz moved on OK, so I think we are good to go on that one.
Please could you find out what OS and browser the jmatch_html_intro "enormous and off the page" issue occurs on? Also, could you try to find out if other kinds of quiz display OK on that computer?

I had an idea about iSpring; could you confirm that your Flash player is completely uptodate. You can download the latest version here:
regards
Gordon
In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Deborah Delin -
Hi Gordon,

Thanks very much for sorting out that problem.

I updated my Flash player and the have tried a few iSprings in IE and there was no echo. So you think that was the problem? I just need to ask my users to update their Flash players?

Deborah

by Gordon Bateson -

Hi Deborah,

> So you think that was the problem?
> I just need to ask my users to update their Flash players?

I don't know enough to say for sure, but I am glad to hear it seems to have fixed the issue on your PC.

If your users report that their iSpring presentations are echoing, then if I were you, the first thing I would suggest is for them to update their Flash players.

all the best
Gordon