Hi all, Jeff just whipped out an updated version of our gradebook (in CVS as gradebook_cdc).
Here is a quick overview of what has occurred since the last release to
the public we did.
- New Features
- Hidden Categories: removed from grade tallying and display
- Extra Credit: set an assignment to extra credit so it's points don't count in the category total*
- Exceptions: exclude individuals from assignments.**
*so you can add an x point activity as extra credit to a category with activity(ies) worth a total of y. Points are added to student scores for activity x, but the points from activity x don't add to the total of y.
**Exceptions: highly requested by our faculty, you can make an assignment or a bunch of assignments not count for an individual against the course total. Used when there is a personal emergency, or when sections merge early in the semester (but after some assignments have been done).
- Code cleanup
- Fixed lang file to only include strings (no html and no pictures)
- All printed text (I think) moved to the lang file
- fixed array referencing
- removed majority of SQL calls and replaced with Moodle API
functions. The remaining SQL statements are isolated at the top of
- fixed some erroneous typings of isTeacher() to isteacher()
- removed MySQL specific SQL
- changed all internal function names to be preceded by 'grade_' to
avoid conflicts with moodle central API
- separated code into grades.php and gradeslib.php where it made sense
- major overhaul of grade calculating portions so no calculations are
done at the display time
The next thing is some work on outside events, to make it a nice, simple way to add an external graded item.
If you all could help test it, that would be great, just go here;
and login as test/test.