Custom Scale Info When Locking A Page

Custom Scale Info When Locking A Page

by Pat Lynch -
Number of replies: 2

We are new users and are on 1.9.7. Our courses are pass/fail and only examinations are graded numerically.  We are utilizing Moodlerooms.

We attempting to lock "answer keys" (simple document pages) with the requirement that the student must first submit the related assignment and receive a grade of "complete."  A custom scale has been created:

cs

If I set the locking to "3" the system works correctly.  The problem we have run into is how the unlock information appears to the student.  This is what the student sees:

ak

This will not make sense to the student.  Why doesn't the actual wording of the scale appear?  In other words, why can we not have the message to the student read "You must earn a grade of "Complete" for Module 2 Assignment."

I have looked 6 ways from Sunday but have not been able to find anything.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Pat

In reply to Pat Lynch

Re: Custom Scale Info When Locking A Page

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hello there. I think you must be using a version of Activity Locking on your Moodle, yes, in order that you can "lock down" certain activities before students can move on? I'm not sure which version you have but you might find help quicker if you post in the Conditional Activities forum http://moodle.org/mod/forum/view.php?id=4295
as I suspect the solution lies with your Activity Locking rather than your gradebook.