K12 Standards -- Import from Academic Benchmarks

K12 Standards -- Import from Academic Benchmarks

Brad Cook -
Atsakymų skaičius: 5

I'm wondering if Moodle can import the K12 Standards as shipped from Academic Benchmarks.  They have the full suite of K12 Standards available, and it would be far easier to import than to recreate or try to get a CSV file to function...

I believe both Blackboard and ANGEL (Blackboard just bought ANGEL liūdnas ) both use Academic Benchmarks as their standards supplier...

Any thoughts -- or best practices for getting these standards into the Outcomes system?

Įvertinimų vidurkis: -
Atsakymas į Brad Cook

Re: K12 Standards -- Import from Academic Benchmarks

Michael Penney -
Hi Brad, this is in our ELIS for Moodle suite - currently Texas and National standards from AB, and we can import other states as well. We use JasperSoft to generate objective mastery, etc. reports.
Atsakymas į Michael Penney

Colin Fraser -
Documentation writers paveikslėlis Testers paveikslėlis
So Blackboard has just bought Angel.. weeeeelllllllll!!!! Another example of competitive practices. Karl Marx is proving a more accurate and closer predictor of the modern environment than anyone else and that is seriously disturbing...

The nature of Moodle is that if Moodle does not have the ability to do something then sooner or later someone will have a need for it and either they or someone else will write a module that can achieve a desired result, if it does not already exist. While the Moodle community is still relatively small, compared to some open source programs, and it is taking time for some things, but I suspect it won't take long before it has hit that magic marker where it will have someone for everything. That is when it will really grow.

Just an observation, off topic of course. smile
Atsakymas į Colin Fraser

Gopalakrishnan N -

Hi Brad Koch, I know it is old post, But I just want to know that did you get any solution or possibility on importing the standards of Academic Benchmark in moodle.

Atsakymas į Gopalakrishnan N

Michael Penney -

Here is the documentation on how we do this using our ELIS for Moodle toolset:

http://bit.ly/abimport

The ab standards often need some XML editing before import, and currently the reports are still generated via JasperSoft, however we're working on refining the tools over the next year so that the report will run in our standard ELIS Reports reporting engine (http://bit.ly/elisreports), etc.

Currently we have purchased Texas, National, and Florida standards and these come with an ELIS subscription, we can add other standards as required.