Change of DATE in Certificate

Change of DATE in Certificate

by Rajesh Lonkar -
Number of replies: 5

Hello everyone,

I need some help regarding date displayed on certificate issued to the users.

While generating certificates, I need to extract the date on which the user attempts and end the quiz, and not the end date or the default date settings done in edit mode.

Is it possible???

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rajesh Lonkar

Re: Change of DATE in Certificate

by Nick Boyd -

Hello

I too would like an answer to this exact problem. I need to insert the "Date Completed" into the certificate. Help please?

In reply to Nick Boyd

by Janet Fearns -

Hi

We need to be able to show date of successful quiz completion  for safety reasons...it is crucial to our OH&S course to show exactly when students became competent in the course...will Moodle 2.0 certificate function be any better?

by Ryan Morgan -
I have been looking for this too. I need to put the date the user completes the quiz rather than the date the user clicks the link to get the certificate. I have a lot of people who take the quiz then come back weeks to print the certificate.

by Christo Janse van Rensburg -

Same here,  is this activity supposed to be so difficult to modify?

In reply to Christo Janse van Rensburg

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers

Hi all,

It is not that simple to code.  The basic assumption seems to be that  every course only has one quiz. What if a course has 20 lessons and 10 quizzes and certificate requires  a 100% on each lesson and 70% on each quiz in order for a student to generate it?

Basically all the above requests are for a 3rd option for a  date.   The request is to print date the student met all the dependencies to receive their certificate.  Thus the code will have to pick the lastest date for any attempt from any dependent activity as defined in the Certificate setting.   Way beyond this hacker.

A slightly simplier piece of code would be to create a "capstone activity" pulldown in certificate settings, that shows all activities. The teacher selects the course capstone activity and what ever the date of the last attempt is for that activity is what always prints.

I suspose some clever php bit of code would search the student's log for the last quiz entry in the course and use that date.   A bit easier to code but still beyond me smile

Of course there is also the option to tell the student to generate their certificate immediately....because the date on the certificate counts and there is a deadline or some other story.   It is easy to put this OFFICIAL WARNING in bold as a label resource just before the certificate. This is my choice because it requires no php code tweakscool

Hope this gives you some ideas for modifing the certificate code.  Please share your solution.

Chris