IMS logging not active

IMS logging not active

by Ro Eng -
Number of replies: 3
We are trying to batch xml files to create our courses/add students to those courses. On our 'home system' at work, everything works great. When we use our test site (hosted), we get a message saying our logging is not active. that the IMS section which does not have alot of information has a spot for a file location..when we leave it blank, it appears to that we can put a file location on this, but when we do ..we get errors, when we leave it alone, it indicates a default that also seems to not be working.
Any of you smart people out there, know what I am missing?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ro Eng

Re: IMS logging not active

by Bernhard F. Ruetz -
Hi Rhonda - again!

If you manage to upload on your home system you could use MySQL-Dumper to backup on your home-system, then upload the backup and install it on your webhost (again with MySQL-Dumper).
By the way - it's freeware.
In reply to Ro Eng

by Adam Barbary -
We had a few issues when originally installing our production machine, that weren't there in our test environment. Try using the absolute path to the directory, instead of a relative path. (The default is relative I believe). It could also come down to permissions on the directory you are using.

Cheers,

Adam
In reply to Adam Barbary

by Ro Eng -
Our challenge is that we are hosted and can't seem to 'find the directory'. The information you supplied does give me a little more info to request more from the host...and try to get some assistance in accessing this directory. Thank you again