Is it possible to restore backups in Moodle 2 yet??

Is it possible to restore backups in Moodle 2 yet??

by Howard Miller -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Given that Moodle 2.0 is very close to release I'm concerned that I can't figure out how to restore a backup made in 1.9.

I uploaded it to the Site Files as before (I don't really understand the new file system but that's another story) but there is no option to restore it.

Am I missing something?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Howard Miller

Re: Is it possible to restore backups in Moodle 2 yet??

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Howard,

As you've found, it's not yet possible to restore 1.9 backups (or even 2.0 backups) in Moodle 2.0. Eloy is so busy coding that he asked me to reply to your post. wink Please see MDL-21432 for a list of Moodle 2.0 backup/restore implementation steps.
In reply to Helen Foster

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Cheers Helen. In the nicest possible way, is this going to work in time for the Beta release?
In reply to Howard Miller

by greg smith -
Hi. I am quite interested in the answer to this question as well. I am running preview 3 and it dosen't seem to work in that either.