Grading essay question and student receiving feedback

Grading essay question and student receiving feedback

by Yanislav Galyov -
Number of replies: 4
Hello,

i have a quiz with essay question in it. of course it is graded manually, but after i grade it, the student doesn't see his grade and the feedback for his essay. so the question is: how can the students see his grade for the quiz and the feedback on the essay question ?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Have a nice day!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Yanislav Galyov

Re: Grading essay question and student receiving feedback

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
What are the settings on the quiz form, under the Review options heading?

by Eric Bryant -
The first step is to make sure your course settings are set to "Show gradebook to students".

Show Gradebook
In reply to Eric Bryant

by Yanislav Galyov -
@eric : Show gradebook to students is set to YES , but thank you for pointing this out.

@Tim : This is it. Thank you smile

Re: Grading essay question and student receiving feedback - I have the same problem

by Ellen Walker -
I have a quiz with some multiple choice and some essay questions. I score the essay questions, and put in 'comments'. The student can't see the comments, or any feedback on individual questions.
I just checked, and my course settings do show 'yes' for 'show gradebook to students'.
The quiz settings under Review Options for "After the quiz is closed" originally had feedback, general feedback, scores, and overall feedback checked. Yesterday I went in and also checked responses & answers, but it didn't make any difference. I logged in as a student to make sure it was really true that they couldn't see my comments.
How do you make it so the students can see the feedback on individual questions? Do students see the feedback on multiple choice questions as soon as they enter an answer?