Assigning half point grades to forum posts

Assigning half point grades to forum posts

by Richard Crawford -
Number of replies: 6
One of our instructors would like to be able to assign half point grades to the students' posts in a discussion forum. Is this possible? We're using Moodle 1.9.3.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Richard Crawford

Re: Assigning half point grades to forum posts

by Jon Witts -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Sure, create a custom scale that use half points and rate the forum using that custom scale...
In reply to Jon Witts

by Ann Kretzschmar -

Custom scales no problem but what happens to ratings when you click save my ratings?  I rates a number of posts and saved them but they disappeared into the ether. I don't know what I rated and the ratings don't show in the gradebook. Can anyone help please?  It is set up for teacher rating only and separate groups.

Ann

In reply to Jon Witts

by Richard Crawford -
John,

If we go that route, will the .5 grade show up in the gradebook?

by Jon Witts -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Good question; and I am afraid I do not know the answer... Perhaps someone else does?

by Itamar Tzadok -
Yes, it will show in the gradebook as .5, if you set the display type to scale. But the real values of scale items are integers 1-n, n is the number of items. So for instance

Scale: 0.5
Value: 1

smile
Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Geoffrey Brewster -
Why don't you just double the number of points the forum post is worth? I believe you could also do a multiplier of .5 in the gradebook.