Navigation block behavior

Navigation block behavior

by Patrick Malley -
Number of replies: 2
I need someone to explain the correct behavior of the Navigation block in Moodle 2.0. I've located the following CSS in /base/core.css, but it doesn't make much sense to me. What is this supposed to do?

/**
* Navigation
*/
.block_js_expansion .block_tree {overflow-x:scroll;}
.block_js_expansion.mouseover .content {width:200%;z-index:1000;position:relative;}
.block_js_expansion.mouseover .content .block_tree {width:100%;background-color:#fcfcfc;padding-bottom:0;}
.ie6 .block_js_expansion.mouseover .content,
.ie7 .block_js_expansion.mouseover .content {padding-bottom:2px;}
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Patrick Malley

Re: Navigation block behavior

by Sam Hemelryk -
Hi Patrick,

This is probably the earliest attempt at some sort of a solution for wrapping the contents of blocks more meaningfully, however as you've probably guessed only applicable with JavaScript enabled.

For both the settings and navigation blocks there is a setting: Enable mouseover expansion of this block.

When enabled it causes the block to double in width when the mouse moves overtop.

Unfortunately it was broken during all of the changes to themes and I still need to look at a solution for it. I haven't had a chance to look at it yet but know that the issue is that relates to overflow:hidden being applied to blocks.

In reply to Sam Hemelryk

Re: Navigation block behavior

by Patrick Malley -
Thank you. It's the javascript bits I was confused about. That's all I need for now.