Remeber me

Remeber me

by Danny Yeshurun -
Number of replies: 5

Are cookies supposed to work for remembering my last login? My users need to login everytime they restart their browser. What can I do to enable it?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Danny Yeshurun

Re: Remeber me

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
That is how it is supposed to work. It annoys me a bit too, but it is more secure - especially since a lot of schools have students sharing computers. Still, it would be nice to give admins the options of turning it on.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Danny Yeshurun -
so there is no way to turn it on?
My customer has a school with students working from home and really needs it (students are doctors that tend to forget their usr/pwd often...)

by Darcy Parker -
Hey, Danny - If they use firefox as a browser, Firfox can store username and passwords and autofill the fields for the user.

Darcy
In reply to Darcy Parker

by Danny Yeshurun -
yes, i know but most of them are using IE

by Dale Davies -
As far as I know IE willl ask you if you'd like it to remember the login details too, I think most browsers will have some sort of basic way to remember and pre-fill forms.

However I do beleive that the practice off logging out at the end of a session is an important aspect of security that should be encouraged.