Martin's Moodle 2 Messaging screenshot

Martin's Moodle 2 Messaging screenshot

by Mary Cooch -
Number of replies: 6
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I was watching Martin's martin keynote at the UK Moodle Moot (done from the NZ Moodle Moot) and on one of the slides where he was talking about messaging in Moodle 2 I noticed that alongside the options of email/jabber/popup window he also had twitter and RSS. These don't appear in my install of Moodle 2 nor do they on the Moodle 2 QA testing site - I am confused?thoughtful
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Martin's Moodle 2 Messaging screenshot

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Those options may only appear if the administrator has turned something on, or configured something.

For example, I expect that the Twitter probably needs an API key, or something like that.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Well yes, I thought that too, though I can't find any settings to do that - RSS is enabled for example but I still don't get the RSS option. Never mind.
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Sorry Mary, that screenshot was a mockup and those two plugins are not written yet.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Mary Cooch -
Ahabig grin Thankyou!
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Oh very nice! I've just been playing with Moodle2 user profile fields and there is now the ability to add a link to a text input custom profile field.

Thank you!!