YouTube legal rights / Derechos legales de YouTube

YouTube legal rights / Derechos legales de YouTube

by xMeNux HDM -
Number of replies: 1

I hope is in this place where I have to right this, because you can insert YouTube vids in a Block.

Is there any legal problem for use YouTube vids in Moodle if the platform is for commercial uses?

Hope I made myself understand, my English is awful.

Thanks.

----------

¿Alguien sabe de la existencia de problemas legales en el uso de vídeos deYouTube en una plataforma de educación comercial?

Gracias.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to xMeNux HDM

Re: YouTube legal rights / Derechos legales de YouTube

by Mat Cannings -

Hi,

I am not an expert so it is definitely worth checking this information further.

For me the use of Youtube is a bit of a problem. If you are using the embed code that Youtube provides for inserting the videos (which I am sure the mentioned block does) then, as  I understand it, you are abiding by the terms of usage required by Youtube and there should be no problem.

There is the potential problem that although you are abiding by YouTube's terms and conditions, the video could be one that should not be on Youtube in the first place as it breaks the original creators copyright. If that is the case then eventually YouTube would remove the video, if you have it on your site then you may end up with a message on your page that says that the video has been removed instead of the video itself.

There is no way of knowing for certain so you would have to look at the video you wished to add and try and determine if they are ok or if they are breaking copyright of someone.

Also depending on what you mean by commercial the use of YouTube videos may look unprofessional. If you are creating your own videos you could use the HTML block with the media filter to display videos in your own player without YouTube logo on the video.