I have edited Themes a million times. Last year I developer a Them that was SUPERWIDE.
I had 2 columns, 1 only 10% the other 90% in topic format. This let me place content on the screen left-to-right in every course without any scrolling.
Now I am working with a simple Moodle Install. It is using a Theme that is customized but most of the customization is for the Frontpage of the site when people are not logged in.
Anyway the screen-shot I attached is what the course looks like in Topic format.
You will noticed that the TOP HEADER seems to be in a TABLE or DIV but it is loading only on the right side.
The content is loading on the LEFT instead of under the header.
I thought it was the theme, so I changed to a new theme in the course and the same thing happened.
I have gone through the CSS with Firebug and most of the PHP files but I can't seem to be able to manipulate the page.
Ideally I would like a normal Moodle 3 Column view with the center column lining up properly.
I have Moodle 1.96 .