due to a job I was offered (Admin for moodle and PHP), I'm trying to install the Moodle 1.8.12 package on a WinXP-PC with XAMPP 1.7.
Following steps are done:
1. downloaded and unpacked Moodle in xampp/htdocs and added folder "moodledata" in "xampp" (tried it in xampp with right paths AND in an empty folder somewhere else also, but ended up with the same error)
2. started apache- + mysql-servers via xampp control panel
3. set up a moodle-database
4. connected to localhost/moodle via Browser
5. went through the installing steps until database configuration data, confirmed that and...
6. installation gets hung saying it's gonna control if my data meet my system confguration
So I read through the threads about this topic and changed some of the variables in php.ini, apache-config and so on (including the fopen-function in "where the hell was it ?" *g*) followed by restarting the servers. I even copied the database to mysql/bin (per default, it has been placed into mysql/data) and the .htaccess-file to another given directory. My last attempt was to delete it and set up a new one. Result: none.
Looking up the directories, I found out that there doesn't seem any config.sys to be made up.
As the other threads don't really seem to help me, I decided to open a new one. Does anyone know what's going on with my moodling ? Maybe it does not like the Typo3-installation ? Or do those "AlloOverrides" (one NONE in the moodledata/.htaccess, one ALL in the moodle/.htaccess where I copied it to still searching the original *g*) "combat" each other ?
Thx in advance for any help,