Quizport: Abandoned status

Quizport: Abandoned status

by Gerry Bolger -
Number of replies: 2
A few students have asked why they get abandoned status when doing Quizports? I can't answer, I attach a status screen for information. Is it something they are doing or my setup is causing.

How do i stop?

Thanks

Gerry

(Edited by Gordon Bateson - original submission Saturday, 10 April 2010, 01:38 AM) replaced HTML attachment with screenshot gif

Attachment quizport.report.status.gif
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gerry Bolger

Re: Quizport: Abandoned status

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Helen, please move this thread to the HotPot/QuizPort forum.
thanks
Gordon
In reply to Gordon Bateson

Re: Quizport: Abandoned status

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Gerry,
let's talk about student "A" in your class.

He has attempted this QuizPort two times, and on both occasions was unable to complete all the quizzes in the QuizPort. For some reason he stopped part way through the QuizPort.

If he had completed all the quizzes in one of those attempts then the unit attempt status would be set to "Completed" and the unit status wold also be set to "Completed". However, he didn't complete either of those attempts so they are marked as abandoned.

If you want to know more details about what he did on either of those attempts, click on the blue percentages in the "Attempt grade" column. For example, please click on the "70%" link and show us a screenshot of the page that you see. It may be a good idea to blank out the students name so we don't reveal any personal info about your charges.

Also, the following page may help you get an grasp on the relationship between unit grades, unit attempts, quiz scores and quiz attempts:
regards
Gordon