Sign up for a third person - how to enter this thir person's name during sign up process?

Sign up for a third person - how to enter this thir person's name during sign up process?

by Maike Pretzlich -
Number of replies: 9
Is there any possibility for me to sign in another person to a specific course? How can I make it clear that it is not myself signing up, but me for another person?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Maike Pretzlich

Re: Sign up for a third person - how to enter this thir person's name during sign up process?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Is this something to do with the Face to face module (as you have posted there)? Or is it just a general enquiry about enrolling people to courses? If it is the second, then if you are an administrator or teacher in a course then you can enrol the pupil by going to the course administration block>assign roles and then choosing student and selecting that person and moving them into the users of the course box.
In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Sign up for a third person - how to enter this thir person's name during sign up process?

by Maike Pretzlich -
Thank you, Mary.

No, my question is if a person can sign-up someone else for a face-to-face action.

To explain it more clearly: We are wondering if we can use this tool for our "on site trainings" registration. The problem is, that people often are signed-up by their team assistants.

What we need is way to enter the name of the participant. Otherwise, the assistant will receive the confirmation mail and we would have to remove this person from the attendee list manually and add the "real" participant.

Looking forward to any good ideas lächelnd

Thank you and best regards

Maike
In reply to Maike Pretzlich

by Amir Elion -
Users with teacher roles in the course can add or remove participants to face-to-face sessions, and email notifications are sent to the person who was added or removed.

This can be done if the person being signed up is enrolled in the course. This can also be done by the teacher.
You can give teacher permissions to the assistants, or define a special role of assistant in Moodle that has permission to assign people as students to courses and to manage face to face participations.
This solution will work providing the student is a registered user/has logged in at least once if using LDAP authentication.

So here is the full description of the solution:
Login as teacher/special assistant role:
  1. (If the person is not enrolled as student to the course) Go to "Assign Roles" under course Administration. Search and assign the person as Student if they are not already students on the course.
  2. Go to the face to face session management screen. Click Add/Remove users, and you can add people. There is a checkbox you can mark if you don't want the person to get a notification email.

In reply to Amir Elion

by Amir Elion -
Apparently ity is possible to sign up people for face to face even if they are not enrol in course. This automatically adds them as students to the course.
In reply to Amir Elion

teacher can't sign up attendees in facetoface

by Tiffany oakes -

I set a person up as a teacher on a face-to-face activity and this person still can't add/delete attendees on the event. Why is this?

In reply to Tiffany oakes

Re: teacher can't sign up attendees in facetoface

by Jenna Pitcher -

Hi Tiffany,

These are our permission settings for our instructor role.  In your case you may also need "Add Attendees".  Adjust the Face to Face permissions for your "Teacher" role until you have what you need.

Take care,

Jenna

Activity: Face-to-face
Add attendees to a face-to-face sessionmod/facetoface:addattendees              
Add, edit, copy and delete face-to-face sessionsmod/facetoface:editsessions              
Sign-up to full sessions.mod/facetoface:overbook              
Remove attendees from a face-to-face sessionmod/facetoface:removeattendees              
Sign-up for a sessionmod/facetoface:signup Allow            
Take attendancemod/facetoface:takeattendance Allow            
View attendance list and attendeesmod/facetoface:viewattendees Allow            
View cancellationsmod/facetoface:viewcancellations Allow
In reply to Jenna Pitcher

by Tiffany oakes -

On the big permission screen, I have this:

add attendees

On the facetoface level, it only shows this:

facetofacelevel

What am I doing wrong?

by Tiffany oakes -

Is it because this person is a student in the class, but a teacher for an activity in this class? Does this matter?

f2fpermissions

by Jenna Pitcher -

Look above that, just above " Course"  permissions and you will see more F2F related permissions.