- I have dragmath up and working on openSUSE 11.1 with version 9.5
- I have dragmath *almost* working on openSUSE 10.3 with version 9.2 , with the exception of the image rendering....
- I have dragmath up and working on openSUSE 10.1 with version 9.2
On the debug for the server with rendering issues(show image) page I get this information:
The shell command
"var/web/wwwroot/moodle/filter/tex/mimetex.linux" -e "/var/web/moodledata/filter/tex/415290769594460e2e485922904f345d.gif" -- '\Large y'
returned status =
File size of mimetex executable /var/web/aelearn/wwwroot/moodle/filter/tex/mimetex.linux is 491043
The file permissions are: 100755
The md5 checksum of the file is c294ab11905323bb5cb0f451241bedc1
Image not found!
No text output available
- I feel I have ruled out the code base as the issue because exporting 9.5 to the 10.3 server has the same problem.
- I have set the permissions on mimetex.linux to 755 (and then to 777 for desperation)
- I deleted the cache_filters table and saw them recreated
- I can see the files in the directory, and the path to them in debug is correct.
- I do not have the three binaries installed, but this is preferred by our administrator. We don't have them on the working version either(and from my understanding this is just one way the images can be rendered
- Regarding the instructions on the debug page: moodle/filter/tex/pix.php file to add case "Linux" -> I could not find a switch statement in this file
- I don't understand this line though I think it might be important I do: If this fails or is not available, the Mimetex executable is tried. If this fails a likely cause is that the mimetex binary you are using is incompatible with your operating system. the link to this: http://moodle.org/download/mimetex/ does not work....
- There is mentions in another forum question about the php.ini but not what exactly could be an issue there