Hack wanted: exam writing

Hack wanted: exam writing

by Philip Norton -
Number of replies: 0
Hi,

I would like to run a Moodle quiz as part of my end of year examinations for a Grade 10 class.

However, there are some things that I'd like to do which will need a hack or two. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it!

Firstly, to prevent any issues arising with power failures / people kicking machines etc. I want the exam to be in multiple quizes -- this will allow people to save their answers as they go along. However, I'd like them to be able to go back and go over their answers. Using the "this quiz builds on previous attempts" I can do that. However, when this is used, the marks for the questions that have already been attempted are shown. This will allow them to correct their answers -- which defeats the point of the exam. Eg: a true / false question will be obvious to correct!

The second hack is related. Is there anyway to prevent the grade for the quiz showing up after the quiz has been "completed"? I don't want them to receive any marks for the quizzes because there is a moderation process (to determine the fairness of the questions, based on performance etc.) and so the final results might change. And the final mark would be a combined mark of the quizzes, but weighted. So their totals will not add up to their final mark.

Perhaps these could become options in future versions? For the time being, I'm prepared to hack the code (albeit temporarily!).

Which files should I edit and, a bold ask, how?!

Many thanks in anticipation!

Philip
Average of ratings: -