Enrolling user in Course

Enrolling user in Course

by Kaustubh Patil -
Number of replies: 3
I had configured Moodle for my, additionally the user have been uploaded in bulk (i.e by manual accounts around 4000 users). I need to enrol the students in bulk for a particular course coz i dont want user to enrol for course. I tried it by using filters to add the user in course but in vain. Thus, i need to search for each user and enrol them manually in a course.
So is there any mechanism by which i can enroll particular user in a course.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kaustubh Patil

Re: Enrolling user in Course

by Ro Eng -
Did anyone answer this for you? You can do a batch enroll
In reply to Ro Eng

by Bernhard F. Ruetz -
Hi Rhonda,

Depending on weather your cpuipils are already registered users you can do a manual enrolment within the course.

Log in as admin, go to the course, go to assign roles in your administration block and assign the role of a trainee to the users listed there.

If you have to many users to do this manually you'll need to enter your MySQL-Database directly. If so - let me know and I tell you what you need to do.

Kindly
In reply to Bernhard F. Ruetz

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Make a csv file -a text file or an Excel file which you save as csv - use the fields username, password, firstname, lastname,course1 and for the field course1 put in the shortname of the course you want to enrol your users into, Then add your users to the list and then go to site admin>users>upload users and there is a place to browse for and add your users in bulk there. It doesn't matter if they are already in the system as you can select to "Update existing users"