Grade percentages not working

Grade percentages not working

by Cheryl Thom -
Number of replies: 3

Hi there,

Here is an example of my problem:

We have 6 assignments, we've entered in the grades for each, 90/100, 80/100, etc.   but the total overall grade is not working out correctly.   The overall grade showing is much higher than what it should be.  How do we correct this? 

Could the problem be that some of their assignments were not completed?  we've tried not entering in a grade in this situation, as well as entering 0/100, however it doesn't seem to be correcting the overall grade mark.

How can we fix this?

In reply to Cheryl Thom

Re: Grade percentages not working

by Elizabeth Senger -

Cheryl,

Probably either your settings are not including empty grades (incomplete/non-graded work) or if you have this set already, you need to set a Grade to Pass for the category for the entire course (on the Categories tab of the Grader Report).  It took me forever to find this one.

Hope this helps!

Elizabeth

In reply to Elizabeth Senger

by Cheryl Thom -

Thanks for your help - however I can't seem to find the 'include empty grades' setting, or in the categories tab of the grader report, I can't find where to set a grade to pass for the category.  Can you tell me where to find these two options you list?

This is what I see on my screen:

*Managing Diversity at ...Aggregates only
Edit *Managing Diversity at Work March 10
  Activity 1Aggregates only
Edit Activity 1
Activity 2Aggregates only
Edit Activity 2
Activity 3Aggregates only
Edit Activity 3
Assignment 1Aggregates only
Edit Assignment 1
Activity 4Aggregates only
Edit Activity 4
ParticipationAggregates only
Edit Participation

First name / Surname Sort in ascending order AssignmentDiversity Poster Sort in ascending order AggregationCategory total Sort in ascending order AssignmentDiversity Resource Webquest Sort in ascending order AggregationCategory total Sort in ascending order AssignmentDiversity Graffiti Sort in ascending order AggregationCategory total Sort in ascending order AssignmentWorkplace Cultural ... Sort in ascending order AggregationCategory total Sort in ascending order AssignmentTip Sheet Sort in ascending order AggregationCategory total Sort in ascending order AssignmentParticipation Sort in ascending order AggregationCategory total Sort in ascending order AggregationCourse total Sort in ascending order

In reply to Cheryl Thom

by Itamar Tzadok -
'Choose an action...' | 'Categories and items' and then you need to edit the relevant category and you'll see the options. For setting a pass grade you should edit the relevant grade item. (See image below for illustration) smile
Attachment grade-aggregatenonempty.png