A quizport with only one quiz behaviour

A quizport with only one quiz behaviour

by robert maran -
Number of replies: 0

Hi Gordon

I have been playing around with a quizport that only has one quiz in it and specifically looking at the behaviour exhibited with adding delays and how the quiz is linked in the quizport (QP). I hope you can follow the table below.

You can view the actual quizports at

For ease of construction, test 2 is my preferred scenario in terms of being able to bulk set all the QPs with the same delay attempts in one go, but it as you can see reverts back to the beginning of the quiz- which from a student's point of view may be a bit disconcerting. I am looking to use the test 2 scenario, but have the student taken back to the course page or even presented with the message "you are temporary not allowed to reenter this quiz". It would be possible to individually tweak each quiz as per tests 3-5, but with many one quiz-QPs on our site, this is a pretty labor intensive undertaking. Your thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated!

Cheers
Robert

test 1: quiz added via QP page test: 2 quiz added via QP page test 3: quiz added via QP page test 4: quiz added via "edit quizzes" tab test 5 :quiz added via "edit quizzes" tab test 6: quiz added via "edit quizzes" tab
delays set
in QP page
x 2mins x 2min x x
delays set
in quiz
x x 2min 2min 2min x
outcome after
the one quiz in
QP completion
reverts back to the beginning of the quiz reverts back to the beginning of the quiz you are temp. not allowed to reenter this quiz. you are temp. not allowed to reenter this quiz. you are temp. not allowed to reenter this quiz. reverts back to beginning of quiz
show exit page yes yes yes yes yes yes

( Edited by Gordon Bateson - tidied up the MS-Word tags, original submission Wednesday, 31 March 2010, 10:23 AM )

Average of ratings: -