The different places that contain Quizport controls

Re: The different places that contain Quizport controls

by Gordon Bateson -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Gerald,
as long as we are clear about the difference between a QuizPort and the quizzes it contains, I think the answers to your questions will become clear. Remember a QuizPort activity contains quizzes the same way that a Forum contain posts or a Glossary contain terms.

In your list, (1) displays the settings for quizzes in a QuizPort, (2) displays settings for an individual QuizPort, and (3) displays the settings for all the QuizPorts in a Moodle course.

> What, exactly can you do and not do on the Edit All Units grid?
> What is its strength?

You can set settings for many QuizPorts at once. For example, if you decide you want all your QuizPorts to open in a new window, you can do that from the "Edit all units" page with a couple of clicks. If you wanted to do the same thing with all your Resource activities, you would have to edit each Resource individually.

> Which settings are automatically copied into the other two places?

(2) shows the settings for one QuizPort where (3) shows the settings for all QuizPorts, one to a line. (1) and (3) share no settings whatsoever because they are displaying different things.

> Is there anything special we need to know
> about when to use which entry-point for editing,
> updating, or specifying a Quizport?
> Are some approaches easier or safer?

As long as you understand the difference between a QuizPort and the quizzes it contains, you should be OK. Which page you prefer to use is a matter of personal preference, I would think. For me they are all equal in terms of "ease-of-use", but maybe other people have a different view on that. I'm not sure what you mean by "safer".

> ... all the methods for controlling Quizports,
> so I'm looking for an orientation toward them,
> so I can understand better the extensive
> capabilities of the Quizport module.

To summarize (and following your original numbering system):

1. If you want to edit quizzes in a QuizPort, use the "Edit quizzes" page.
  2. If you want to edit the settings of a single QuizPort, use the "Update this QuizPort" page.
  3. If you want to edit several QuizPorts at once, use the "Edit all units" page.

regards
Gordon

Average of ratings: Useful (1)