can't restore from a backup file (moodle.xml not found at root level of zip file)

can't restore from a backup file (moodle.xml not found at root level of zip file)

by Eric L -
Number of replies: 5
hi guys,

I just make a course backup from my production server and I then restore in my development server it come out the following message

• Creating temporary structures
  • Deleting old data
  • Copying zip file
  • Unzipping backup
  • Checking for BlackBoard export
  • Checking backup
    Error checking backup file. moodle.xml not found at root level of zip file.
I have checked my moodle.xml is in the root level of the zip file. Plz Help..............approve

I am using window server 2003, IIS, PHP and mysql for moodle..
my moodle version is Moodle 1.9.7+ (Build: 20100224) , and my moodle data path is set to 'C:\moodledata'

ERIC

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Eric L

Re: can't restore from a backup file (moodle.xml not found at root level of zip file)

by James Clay -
How big is the backup file?

Have you set up Path to zip and unzip in

Administration -> Server -> System Paths
In reply to James Clay

Re: can't restore from a backup file (moodle.xml not found at root level of zip file)

by Eric L -
thx for your reply james, I didn't set any system paths for zip and unzip, all empty....
In reply to Eric L

by James Clay -
How big is the backup file?
In reply to James Clay

by Eric L -
Hi james, about 25 MB. All fixed now, I found out is the permission problem of the backup file (lib.php) on moodle. Once I change the IIS permission, all work fine now! Thanks anyway!
In reply to Eric L

by Anita Austin -

Could you tell me more about what you did?  What permissions did you give -- and to what folder.