Increasing the maximum attachment size to 500KB

Increasing the maximum attachment size to 500KB

by Gordon Bateson -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Glenys,

> PS: Gordon, the attachment limit here is 100KB;
> on some other Moodle forums (Language Teaching) it's 500KB.
> Would it be possible to up it here?

I checked the settings and the limit for this course "Using Moodle" is 100kb, so I can't set it any higher than that. (please see screenshot)

Gordon
Attachment hotpot.forum.settings.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gordon Bateson

Re: Increasing the maximum attachment size to 500KB

by Glenys Hanson -
Hi Gordon,

I've put a screenshot below of what you see on the Moodle for Language Teaching forum but which I realise now is a separate course from Using Moodle. At my request, Moodle en français upped to 500KB a few months ago.

I imagine it's a request I should make to the Using Moodle moderators. I see there are 15 of them and I don't know how to address them collectively. On the tracker?

Cheers,
Glenys

(Edited by Gordon Bateson - original submission Thursday, 25 March 2010, 11:43 PM)

Attachment screenshot_05.png
In reply to Glenys Hanson

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Glenys,
I have access to the moderators forum, so I will ask over there and report back.
Gordon

by Gordon Bateson -
Hello again Glenys,
Helen has kindly increased the upload limit on this forum to 500KB approve.

I would like to remind everybody to try to keep the size of attachments as small as possible. Please keep screenshots under 100k and try to insert large files such as videos and zip files as links to files on external sites.

From time to time the most appropriate solution is to attach a zip file, for example to share a Hot Potatoes quiz and its related images and audio. This is the intended use for the increased upload limit.

best regards
Gordon
Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Glenys Hanson -
Dear Helen and Gordon,

Thanks for this change. I'm sure most people will use it responsibly.

Cheers,
Glenys
Attachment screenshot_08.png