What is the best way to create a quiz?

What is the best way to create a quiz?

Kerry Enns -
Atsakymų skaičius: 4
Like all of the other teachers out there, I'm always looking for a more efficient way to do things.

I find entering quizzes into the Quiz module time consuming. Have any of you found a more efficient way of doing so? I've tried using programs like ExamView, but I can't settle on an export format that works consistently with Moodle.

Thanks in advance for your advice.
Įvertinimų vidurkis: -
Atsakymas į Kerry Enns

Re: What is the best way to create a quiz?

Chris Collman -
Documentation writers paveikslėlis
Excellent post. Being cheap, I don't like to pay for anything. I seem to end up using GIFT format. Almost all of my questions must be Multiple Choice. I think I am afraid of the Moodle XML format because it is "new". besišypsantis All reasons I may not be typical.

I get questions or create things in Word, then (big sigh) translate the questions into GIFT, save as text. Sometimes I use one of the Word tools with macros (see GIFT format , at the bottom).

What I have learned NOT TO DO, is copy and paste from Word into the content area of a Question. I hate all the embedded code and the cleanup too...enough said. If I decide copy because I have 1 or 2 questions to add to a category, then I always toggle the HTML code before I paste. Then I toggle and format with the HTML tool if necessary. Recently I read some useful tips by Joseph and others, and I am going to try one of their open source solutions for a word editor.

I am looking forward to other posts. Maybe I will shake my ruts and try something different.

Chris
Atsakymas į Chris Collman

Charles Griffin -
I like to copy and paste, and you all have drilled into me the idea that I don't want to do that from a Word document. I seem to have had luck copying and pasting from PDFs. Would it be an alternative solution to save your Word document to PDF and then copy and paste? I would guess that there are more elegant answers/solutions to this situation, but for simple copying and pasting....
Atsakymas į Kerry Enns

Kerry Enns -
I've been doing some experimenting with Exam View and Moodle.

Here's what works:

1. Export the test from Exam View in Blackboard 6.0-7.0 format.

2. Import the test with Moodle using the Blackboard format (not Blackboard 6.0+). You need to have unzipped the export folder and selected the .dat file.

3. I also selected "nearest grade" on the import screen, but that may not matter.

4. Import...