Grade for completing a lesson

Grade for completing a lesson

by Gerard Libby -
Number of replies: 3
Is there anyway to make it so that moodle will give a grade to a student who just completes a lesson (I.E.) views each page from start to finish? I've been trying to figure out how to do this without implementing dummy questions but have come up with nothing. I supposed I could do that but it seems a bit silly. Any other ways? Thanks!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gerard Libby

Re: Grade for completing a lesson

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Gerard,
Unfortunately you do not say the type of pages (Branch tables OR Question) your Lesson consists of. Anyway, here is a working solution, supposing that your lesson only or mostly consists of Branch tables (i.e. no questions).
Lesson general settings:
Grade options
Maximum grade 10 (or any other, non-null figure)
In the very last page of your lesson, create a multiple choice question page with only one question:
Multiple Choice
Answer 1: Click here to check that you have completed the lesson
Response 1:
Score 1: 1
Jump 1: End of lesson
Of course you must verify that all the various paths from branch table to branch table will eventually lead to the final Question page in your lesson.
Hope that helps,
Joseph
PS.- Screenhot showing student's view of (1) last page (2) end of lesson with score
Attachment image01.jpg
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Gerard Libby -
So I've decided that this is solution is easy enough for my students to use. One question though, is there a way to prevent them from having to answer that dummy question after they answer it once? I want to know (and have them get a grade) for going through the lesson, but I would also like them to be able to review the material in the lesson as many times as they want. Its not a big deal, but having to check that box over and over might seem like a hassle. Thanks!
In reply to Gerard Libby

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I'm afraid not, that answer to the dummy question is not saved, so the students will have to answer it again if they review the lesson.