Point me in the right direction please...

Point me in the right direction please...

by Tom Ventresco -
Number of replies: 0
Greetings,
I know it is a tad taboo, Moodle is a great CMS...I mean both of them.  As a course management system with its scale, features and price ( plus coolness ;) ) Moodle kicks serious a$$.  I want to use Moodle as course and content management tool.  Man !  the html editor is awesome. - - spell checker and aspell that is slick.  Hello the html editor works in FireFox.  Bye-bye IE.
  • great html editor
  • spell checker
  • no need for IE
I need a little direction...I want multiple calendars and event blocks on the same main Moodle page.  Don't start laughing yet ;) also I want the calendars to work with Moodle added items and an option to suck data out of a product I use called webcalng ( Perl/MySQL backend - - solid stuff).  My staff in 10 buildings have the use of webcalng down...I don't want to pull the rug out.

I was going to start selecting data from webcalng and inserting it into the Moodle calendar table in the correct locations...I think plain old SQL will accomplish this job.  Crontab the command for each calendar and that might work.  BUT moodle only does one calendar and event block per main page, so why not go the entire route and make multicalendar block, weekly/daily events block, and allow the data suck from webcalng and moodle for calender items.

Ready...Aim...Fire!

Wouldn't be the first time something looked good on paper.

as always thank you for your time,
Tom Ventresco
Average of ratings: -