Common Module Settings ID Number glitch

Common Module Settings ID Number glitch

by Bo Clarke -
Number of replies: 1

I was wondering if any of you had experienced this issue, and if there is anything to remedy this from happening.

When you are creating or updating an activity, in my case an offline activity named Test 1, under the common module settings you can give an "ID number" to reference in a formula if you'd like.  If I assign the ID while creating/updating the activity sometimes it will keep my number and sometimes it will assign a random number.  However if I assign the ID while I am under "Categories and Items" there is a space to click in out beside the activities and you can type the ID number there then click "Add ID Number" and it tends to stick when you do it that way.

Has anyone experienced this issue?  If so, is there a fix besides just assigning the ID's at the Categories and Items level? 

In reply to Bo Clarke

Re: Common Module Settings ID Number glitch

by Elena Ivanova -
We have hided that functionality, but I have not seen that bug in my testing.

----
Overall, this would be one of my sugegstions for developers: assign those ID numbers arbitrary.
Every gradebook item has that unique number/identifier already (I believe)
The interface should just list those numbers, so users would not need to type them manually ever. Numbers need to appear on the "Edit Calculation" screen, and they are not really needed in the activity settings.

Quiz 1 - [456]
Assignment 2 - [5467457]

And it would be nice to make those [456], etc - button-looking, so once clicked, it would be automatically inserted into "Calculation" window smile
Attachment calcul.png