Can't type in Editor

Can't type in Editor

por Colin Peters -
Número de respostas: 3

Sorry if this is a bit of a newbie question.  I've just installed Moodle and am having difficulty in using HTML Editor.  I can see the entire editor, including white area for entering text but can't see a flashing cursor and hence can't enter text in the box.

I can use the HTML Editor on the Moodle.org site that I'm typing in so I doesn't seem to be an IE or firewall issue.  It's the same at work or home so I figure I've got the setup wrong somewhere.

I'm using Moodle 1.4.1, Apache 1.3.33, PHP 4.3.9

Only thing that may help is that I briefly get an error message in the status bar which says that access is denied on line 639, Char 9 of editsection.php

Any help would be most appreciated

Colin

Anexo error.jpg
Média das avaliações:  -
Em resposta à Colin Peters

Re: Can't type in Editor

por Laurie Savage -
I had the same problem using the 1.4~latest release. I've reported it as a bug. The previous release worked for me.
Em resposta à Laurie Savage

por Martin Dougiamas -
Imagem de Core developers Imagem de Documentation writers Imagem de Moodle HQ Imagem de Particularly helpful Moodlers Imagem de Plugin developers Imagem de Testers
I think this may be related to your other form submission problem ... something is awry in your environment.

The editor is working fine for you on moodle.org, right?
Em resposta à Martin Dougiamas

por Colin Peters -

Got it working, didn't have the correct path in the config file, once I changed it there was no stopping me!!

By the way Martin, met your friend Anne working at King Eddies in Perth.  Told here I was working on a teaching package for doctors based on a program I'd found online and she said you had a program called "Noodle".  Thought it was too much of a coincidence and found you as an author for moodle.  It's a very small world.

Colin