Can't type in Editor

Can't type in Editor

eftir Colin Peters -
Number of replies: 3

Sorry if this is a bit of a newbie question.  I've just installed Moodle and am having difficulty in using HTML Editor.  I can see the entire editor, including white area for entering text but can't see a flashing cursor and hence can't enter text in the box.

I can use the HTML Editor on the Moodle.org site that I'm typing in so I doesn't seem to be an IE or firewall issue.  It's the same at work or home so I figure I've got the setup wrong somewhere.

I'm using Moodle 1.4.1, Apache 1.3.33, PHP 4.3.9

Only thing that may help is that I briefly get an error message in the status bar which says that access is denied on line 639, Char 9 of editsection.php

Any help would be most appreciated

Colin

Attachment error.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Colin Peters

Re: Can't type in Editor

eftir Laurie Savage -
I had the same problem using the 1.4~latest release. I've reported it as a bug. The previous release worked for me.
In reply to Laurie Savage

eftir Martin Dougiamas -
Mynd av Core developers Mynd av Documentation writers Mynd av Moodle HQ Mynd av Particularly helpful Moodlers Mynd av Plugin developers Mynd av Testers
I think this may be related to your other form submission problem ... something is awry in your environment.

The editor is working fine for you on moodle.org, right?
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

eftir Colin Peters -

Got it working, didn't have the correct path in the config file, once I changed it there was no stopping me!!

By the way Martin, met your friend Anne working at King Eddies in Perth.  Told here I was working on a teaching package for doctors based on a program I'd found online and she said you had a program called "Noodle".  Thought it was too much of a coincidence and found you as an author for moodle.  It's a very small world.

Colin