Searching for a solution for Non-editing teachers

Searching for a solution for Non-editing teachers

by Brian Andreas -
Number of replies: 3

I have tried a couple of solutions by my self but it didn't work out for me.

I understand there are issues about personal and course files from plugins like "file manager" , mrcute jr and some beta plugins.

Don't get me wrong they work perfectly but not in the way i want.

I'm searching for the Non-editing teachers role a way to put a resource file for them. Or another way to put a file in that specific course. 

I like to keep the default security settings. The only thing is that if i change settings it more looks like the editing teacher.

However once i use mrcutejr for example i need to allow "editing on" for courses.
But i don't want them to allow to add activities or editing the course.

Is there an other options on this in which i have missed ?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Brian Andreas

Re: Searching for a solution for Non-editing teachers

by Tom Murdock -
Hi Brian,

Am I correct that you are looking for a way for non-editing teachers to post resources to students? If so, I would recommend that the non-editing teachers post the file to a forum discussion.

If you want to give non-editing teachers a resource file, I would make a resource with the file and then hide it from student view by clicking the "eye" icon

I hope this helps.

-Tom.
In reply to Tom Murdock

by Brian Andreas -

Thanks Tom,

I was more looking for non-editing teachers to post resources in a course.

But you gave me another way for my problem to look at, using the forum that might help me a lot.

Regards

[Brian]

In reply to Brian Andreas

by Randy Orwin -
Another option would be to create a resources database allowing non-editing teachers to add resources to that database. You can upload any number and type of files that would be required for the course. This also allows students to upload resources as well which can be approved by the teacher before anyone else can see them. Here is a short blog post about the database module: http://orwinconsulting.com/blogs/randy-orwin/moodle-database-module