One course page - different groups using it in succession

One course page - different groups using it in succession

by k. Kilbane -
Number of replies: 1

Hi!

I am offering three different courses, each lasting for  twelve weeks. The courses will be offered two times in the year - a spring session and winter session.  I have set up a course page for each course that I will use this spring session  the course pages contain the syllabus, class notes, news forum (help forum),  and quizzes and exams ... students will only use the pages for these purposes -  I would like to re-use each course page for the winter session - keeping same notes, resources, quizzes, and exams. 

Is it possible to re-use my course pages (EXAMPLE: once for spring session, once for winter session)  and to archive the gradebooks/quiz results from the previous sessions?

Thanks for  your help!

K.Kilbane 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to k. Kilbane

Re: One course page - different groups using it in succession

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Dear K Kilbane,

Once you have created the spring version, back it up and then restore it to a new course for the winter to keep them separate. Or a cleaner solution would be to use groups in 'separate groups' mode, then gradebook etc. can be told to display the data for each session - please see http://docs.moodle.org/en/Groups

I hope this helps, regards,

Gareth