external blogs in Moodle 2

external blogs in Moodle 2

by Mary Cooch -
Number of replies: 7
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I'm sure I didn't imagine it (maybe it was on a different forum in another place?)but I thought someone posted asking about how external blog posts could be brought into one's Moodle 2.0 blog -as is supposed to happen according to the spec. I was curious to know the answer (and I can't find their original question) so I am asking again. Is this feature implemented yet in the dev version? I can see a setting in site admin>appearance>blog for enabling external blogs - but that is as far as I have got. Thanks.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: external blogs in Moodle 2

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
anyone any idea? thoughtful
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Mary,

To add an external blog to Moodle 2.0, you just need to guess the correct URL e.g. http://qa.moodle.net/blog/external_blog_edit.php (login as admin). (Actually I cheated and asked Petr!)

Once Sam has finished working on the nav/blocks stuff, you should find a link in Moodle to the external blog edit page.
In reply to Helen Foster

by Javier Sola -

Hello, Mary

I have done a lot of tests with the import from an external blog function and I have get the following problems.

* Any user has permissions to import post from an external blog, not only the admin user.
* Nobody can edited/deleted imported incomes.
* Remove permission at capacity moode/blog:manageexternal doesn't work.

If any user can import information from an external blog and this information cannot be erased by nobody, there is a serious case of safety.

The only way to solve this issue is deactivating the blogs in the whole site.

Is it possible someone else checks these problems?.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Sam Hemelryk -
Hey guys,

As Helen mentioned this is now on my list, to get external blogs into the navigation.
There are some upcoming changes planned for the navigation to make it better~ and this will be rolled in at the same time, so fingers crossed it will be in core in a couple of weeks (as soon as I have base theme finished)!

Cheers
Sam
Average of ratings: Useful (1)