Quizport and switching roles

Quizport and switching roles

by robert maran -
Number of replies: 4
Hi Gordon,

I have found that when I switch role to "student" in a course, I can not view a quizport. However, when I "return to my normal role" I can view a quizport. (This phenomena does not appear with hotpot quizzes). Why is this? Do I need to change some settings?

Cheers
Robert
Average of ratings: -
In reply to robert maran

Re: Quizport and switching roles

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Robert,
I will come and have a look at your site and try and work out from the logs which QuizPort you are talking about.
Gordon
In reply to Gordon Bateson

Re: Quizport and switching roles

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Robert,
with reference to the "QuizPort scoring experiments" QuizPort in the "exp" course, it seems that the settings were such that only students in a certain group were allowed to access the QuizPort.

The setting in question is the "Available for group members only" setting on the "Editing QuizPort" page (see screenshot). This is a Moodle setting that Moodle controls. QuizPort can not access it and does not use it.

I have unset this setting, so that any student can see this activity, and now you will be able to see it when you switch your role to "Student".

all the best
Gordon
Attachment common.module.settings.png