Enrolment Questions

Enrolment Questions

by Deleted user -
Number of replies: 4
Hello everyone!
I was just wondering, is there any way possible to just add students manually to a course, without making them a user on the system?
My students wont need to log in, it will just be the teachers on the system, so I am finding it quite frusterating to add students and make them 'users' instead of just adding them to a class with just their name mandatory,

Please let me know if it's possible.
Thanks!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Deleted user

Re: Enrolment Questions

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi there. I'm not entirely sure what you mean but here goes anyway -
1) you don't want your students to log in? So you want guest access on all of your Moodle except you want the teachers to log in so they can put work on? Bearing in mind that with guest access anyone can see your courses - and that all you can do is put static resources on for them to read/watch (and nothing interactive such as forums or quizzes) if you go to site admin>users>user policies you can set your Moodle to autologin guests -and then you need to make each course in its course settings "open to guests without the key"
However, I am not sure you mean this really.. is it perhaps
2) you only want your students to be in one particular course rather than assigned system wide? If your students are going to have safe (private)access to any course then they need to be enrolled onto your Moodle - but once you have created them a login you can then assign them manually to the course you want them in (course admin block>assign roles>student) What you don't need to do (in fact, shouldn't do)is assign them the role of student globally via site admin>users>permissions>assign system roles - this just makes them students throughout the whole of your Moodle and is not necessary.
3) Alternatively, just manually create Moodle logins for them and let them enrol themselves on their chosen course, rather than you do it.
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Deleted user -
Hello again.
Thank you.
Is there any way to add students to the gradebook without creating a login?
Please let me know,
Thanks!
In reply to Deleted user

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi there. No you can't add students to the gradebook without creating a login because if they don't login with their details, Moodle won't know they are there.
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Deleted user -
In the Gradebook,

Is there a way to have marks displayed as just total points for assignments, then have the overall score just a percent?

Example. 3 assignments. One out of 4, next out of 10, next out of 6.
Say a student got 3/4, 9/10, 2/6.
In the current Moodle gradebook, it displays each assignment with a percent, and the points, (3/4 - 75%)as well as the overall average in the course displaying the same way.
Is there any way to make it so that the assignments JUST show points, no percent, and then the overall course grade is percent, no points?

Please let me know,
Thanks in advance.
Justin