Automatic grading of assessments

Automatic grading of assessments

by Gustav W Delius -
Number of replies: 5

Tomorrow I will let the new workshop module loose on my students for the first time.

One feature that puzzles me a bit is this automatic grading of assessments. The students receive emails, apparently coming from the lecturer, saying:

"Your assessment of the assignment 'weoifsdf;sj;df' has by reviewed. The comments given by the Lecturer can be seen in the Workshop Assignment 'Practice workshop'. "

Now I certainly did not make any comments, so perhaps this email text needs to be changed?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gustav W Delius

Re: Automatic grading of assessments

by Ray Kingdon -
Gustav

My students are getting these emails as well, not much consolation I know, but at least it's consistent. The emails used to go the teacher to say the student has assessed one of the examples, in this new version the auto grading routine is stepping in and the cron routine is getting a bit confused. At least that's my current theory. I'm working on a fix, it should be out shortly with a new version of the Workshop module. The rest of the module appears to be behaving. Hope to stop the spamming soon.

Ray
In reply to Ray Kingdon

by Gustav W Delius -

Ray,

thanks for offering a fix. I am using the workshop module heavily at the moment and would like to help fixing the bugs. However now that you are advertising a new version I am not sure whether it is worth fixing bugs or whether I should wait for the new version. I guess it depends on what you mean by "it should be out shortly". If "shortly" means early next week then I will wait, otherwise I will start hunting down bugs myself.

by Ray Kingdon -
Gustav, just put a new version (2004111000) into CVS. It's the version I'm running locally with about 800 students so I have every confidence... In keeping with tradition I'll start a new thread for the version.
In reply to Ray Kingdon

by Gustav W Delius -

Thanks, that was quick!

Do you think there will be any problems with upgrading in the middle of a running workshop?

by Ray Kingdon -
I hope not as that's what I'm doing locally wink. It's being running for about a week without problems.

Ray