Error in index.php after upgrade

Error in index.php after upgrade

by Frank Zittle -
Number of replies: 1

I upgraded Moodle from cPanel using Fantastico and ran out of memory. I purchased more memory by when trying to reach my Moodle index page I get :

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /home/ceer9aa/public_html/learn/index.php on line 213

I would reload the backup but - I'm embarrassed to say - I have never restored abackup and I'm afraid that I might lose student data. Could someone help me to either (1) fix the index.php (I have included the index.php as an attachment) and/or (2) explain to me how to restore my backup....without fear.

Thanks in advance,

f

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Frank Zittle

Re: Error in index.php after upgrade

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
The file is corrupt. There is a great big cpanel related string at line 213 and the file ends there. The actual file (in version 1.4.1) actually has 280 or so lines in it (and no references to cpanel). I'm unsure why this might have happened but you should probably get the files again (the complete Moodle install) and re-install from scratch.

PS: Did you really run out of memory or just get the Allowed memory size problem (click on link on this line for info).