Meta course or roles advice needed?

Meta course or roles advice needed?

дэргэд Debbie Kay -
Хариу нийтлэлийн тоо: 2
Hi
Can anyone tell me if it is possible with Moodle (1.9) to create a kind of two tier access course or area?

What I am trying to achieve is an area for those who have already graduated with us - like a Graduates club where there are two levels...

Guest level which would be free and give access to the graduate member forums only.
Paid level which would ALSO give access to additional resources not available to free members.

I have tried playing around with Meta courses, but am not sure if I am doing it right, or even if this is the way to go about it?

What I have done so far is set up a meta course with a forum only in it, then set up a 'guest' course with nothing in it? Then a 'full' course with the additional resources in?

This seems a bit long winded and complicated - is there a better way to achieve this?

I was wondering if it would be possible to make one single 'course' for graduates with 'guest' role only able to see and use forums and 'full' members could also see and access additional resources, would this be possible? and if so how would I achieve it?

All advice much appreciated smile
Үнэлгээний дундаж: -
Debbie Kay-н хариуд

Re: Meta course or roles advice needed?

дэргэд David Sturrock -
Hi Debbie - no need for multiple courses, have a look at the groups and groupings options. Have 1 courses, but set graduates as 1 group and full members as another, with the full members also in a grouping. This will allow you to make forums visible to all and other resources/activities only available to the full members.