trackable agreement/ student acknowledgement page

trackable agreement/ student acknowledgement page

by Nadja Rathenow -
Number of replies: 13

Has anyone added agreement pages to Moodle, e.g.

" By clicking on the 'I agree' button below, I confirm that the following is all my own work... "

It needs to be a page, where a student needs to accept a statement before they can continue. Moodle needs to be able to track which student has accepted..

What is the best way to go about it? Any ideas anyone?

Appreciate any help/ suggestions...

Thanks!

Nadja

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nadja Rathenow

Re: trackable agreement/ student acknowledgement page

by Gavin Henrick -
Picture of Plugin developers
For some of our clients we implemented a change to this page to email a nominated user with the date.time and user details for when they accept. So this can be referred to later.

But either way, you are probably looking at a customisation depending how you want it recorded and equally importantly how you want to report on it.
In reply to Gavin Henrick

by Nadja Rathenow -

Thanks for that Gavin... we ll have to discuss that in our team again...

Nadja

by E. L. Cooper -

Seems like there might be a simpler solution. Add the language to the activity. For example when you have a file upload, a text assignment or even taking a quiz. After the assignment is detailed put the affirmation there.

In reply to E. L. Cooper

by Paula Clough -

How about something like this?

http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=43536

cool

In reply to Paula Clough

by E. L. Cooper -
I agree Paula. Nothing beats a strong student honor code. The problem with getting an agreement is you never know if the student actually understood what they were affirming. Kind of like the EULA from my DSL company. I read it. I understood but even as I was reading I wondered how many people just clicked through.
In reply to E. L. Cooper

by Paula Clough -

Agreed.

How many times do we mark, I agree and we haven't even read it? But that's human nature.  I don't know what you can do about it.  Getting the agreement at least shows that the person knew they were supposed to read and understand.

cool

by T K -

ANyone got this done yet?

I need to have something like an activity in the end of the course that gets the students to read & agree with the terms, and click one radio button, which then generates email to the student & teacher. Any plugin for this?

In reply to T K

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

You could set up a quiz - one question, the question text is the terms, the question is simply Agree/Disagree (Yes/No)

It doesn't send an email, but would be trackable - and you can even make other items (such as all the content, or a final completion statement) conditionally available based on them agreeing to the terms.

https://docs.moodle.org/30/en/Restrict_access

Or if, like the original poster you are looking for an 'own work' type agreement for assignment submission, then all I have done on my site is make sure the setting to use the Submit button is always enabled and then I edited the language file so that the description that goes with the Submit button refers to the submission terms (Fit to Sit, Own work, etc)

In reply to Richard Oelmann

by T K -

i did consider a quiz or questionnaire, but we need to send out email to inform the teacher that its been agreed on

In reply to T K

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

With a quiz you can set it so a teacher is notified when a quiz is submitted, if that helps  - see Quiz submission email notification

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by T K -

Hi Mary,

THanks for the suggestion, yes it works in my context!
Another 2 more questions if you dont mind:

1) Is there a way I can force the student to move on to next activity after finishing the questionnaire form? The reason is, at the end of the course, we have a feedback form & a certificate. Most often than not, the students just fill the feedback form and exit, they totally leave certificate generation out

2) When starting questionnaire, the GUI simply says 'Answer the questions' (as per image below). Is there anyway to customise this line? It just sounds too prompt/direct

feedback

In reply to T K

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

(1) I don't know that you can force them to do anything  but maybe others have a suggestion

(2) Look at Language customisation

In reply to Mary Cooch

by T K -

THanks Mary!
I will check out language customisation.

I hope someone can help me on (1)