want to expand size limitation of courses

want to expand size limitation of courses

by Mina Moneer -
Number of replies: 4
hey am a newbie in moodle and want to develop it so that i can upload SCORM packages more than 2mb as moodle limits it .

i.e i want to manage php option to handle more than 16 mb in upload method
and hence moodle files
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mina Moneer

Re: want to expand size limitation of courses

by Iker Cillero -
Hi Mina,

The upload max size it is configured in two different places:

1- Php configuratión file.

The php.ini file defines the upload max size of Moodle. You should search the next two lines inside the files:

upload_max_filesize = 2M

post_max_size = 2M

Change the default value "2M" to the value you need. You would need to restart the web server.

2- Moodle administration.

Once you have defined those values on the php.ini file and restart the server, you need to configure the upload max size of the courses inside moodle administration pages. Go to the "Courses->Courses default settings" inside the "Site administration" block and increase the "maximum upload size" parameter to the value you need.

After that, you should be able to upload bigger SCORM files.

good luck.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Iker Cillero

by Mina Moneer -
thanks for reply :D
i working with a wamp server v2.0c Contains(Apache v 2.2.8 PHP v5.2.6 MySQL v 5.0.51b)
and Moodle v 1.8.11+

it doesn't continue the installation in page of installation path

note : in checking the php version it passes

could u help me

In reply to Mina Moneer

by Lindsay Dragoo -
From my experience, what you can configure in the administration panel can only go as high as your server max upload. If you can get your server max upload changed, then you can configure higher in the administration panel. Hope this helps. I recently had the same issue and had the hosting company raise it.