Restore has bugs.

Restore has bugs.

by Harvey Arkawy -
Number of replies: 2
Our current site is using Moodle 1.9.7+ (Bld 20100127.)

I am attempting to move individual courses from that server to our new server for testing purposes.  The new server is using Moodle 1.9.6 (Bld20091021.)

I am not working directly on the server! I backup a course, download the zip file to my computer and upload it to the new server within a dummy course.  I then restore from the zip file to a specific heading.

Everything transfers correctly with one major problem.

All text within the course like the course summary as well as text within the homework assignments and all of the test questions have lost their HTML coding.

I hope the text will display properly here so...
If the original looks like

"<font size="4"><strong style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"><strong><span>Access to this area is restricted to students who have purchased the <span style="text-decoration: underline;">complete</span> locksmith training program. See Options 1 &amp; 2</span></strong></strong></font> "

The restored looks like

"font size=4strong style=color: rgb(255, 0, 0);strongspanAccess to this area is restricted to students who have purchased the span style=text-decoration: underline;complete/span locksmith training program. See Options 1 amp; 2/span/strong/strong/font"

Notice that the "<" and the ">" are missing from the restored file.

Can anyone tell me what I can do to avoid this problem short of doing a two tab copy and paste?

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Harvey Arkawy

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Harvey Arkawy

Re: Restore has bugs.

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I think what you meant was "HTML is broken when I restore..." wink

It's not Moodle it's your PHP build that's broken. Try this....

http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=106639
In reply to Howard Miller

Re: Restore has bugs.

by Harvey Arkawy -
Yes, Howard. I did mean "HTML" is broken.

I forwarded your reply and the link info to our new server guru so that he can do what ever he needs to do.

Thank you (if it works.)

If not, well, thank you anyway for trying. I'll post again once we get the adjustments made to let everyone know how we did.