When I edit any word I get a missing string error

When I edit any word I get a missing string error

by Kevin Freeborn -
Number of replies: 4
I am using Moodle1.9.5 build 20090716. Trying to edit words and phrases in admin.php.

If I change a word (i.e. change 'digits' to 'numbers') and save the changes I get a Missing Strings message for each time I changed the word. I have tried this with other words and it always does the same thing.

As soon as I change back to the original word and save the Missing Strings message disappears.

Please tell me what I am doing wrong. Thanks
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kevin Freeborn

Re: When I edit any word I get a missing string error

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Sounds like the same behaviour as MDL-19896, which is not solved.
I can't reproduce it.

Is it in language pack maintenance mode or local string customisation?
Is it changing English or another language?
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Kevin Freeborn

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi,

this is known bug in our current translation tool. It does not distinguish between missing strings and locally modified strings. So actually the message says you have locally modified some strings. Sorry for the confusion mixed
In reply to David Mudrák

by Yoel Shapiro -

Hi

I recently changed newusernewpasswordtext in moodle.php language pack. I get a missing string warning.

In addition new users haven't been getting a notification email with their username and password. is this related? how can i solve this?

thanks, Yoel