Moodle research... Studies that document benefits?

Moodle research... Studies that document benefits?

by Marcia Carswell -
Number of replies: 2

Hello, all.

I am a masters student, and I am doing research for a presentation on Moodle. 

I wondered whether anyone could direct me to studies that have been done regarding the benefits of using Moodle (ie., increased parental awareness and involvement, improved test scores, etc.).

Thanks,

Marcia

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Marcia Carswell

Re: Moodle research... Studies that document benefits?

by Marc Grober -
My post-bacc students are required to do a literature search and regularly produce an appropriate bibliography..... Though I wouldn't put much store in most of it. I find google scholars to be a tool I often recommend during discussions of how to do a "21st century" lit search, as well as advanced search features on google and other indexing engines. A portal like ebsco connection can be handy and you should check with your institutions library about such resources.
In reply to Marcia Carswell

Re: Moodle research... Studies that document benefits?

by Jane Wilde -
Since you use the words parental involvement and test scores I assume you are talking k12 (primary-secondary school). I don't know whether you are coming at Moodle from an IT or pedagogical point of view, but if pedagogy is your angle you might take a look at the research both on "knowledge building" and "21 Century learning." Some names in Knowledge Building are Scardemalia, M., Bereiter, C., Zhang, J. These tend to use a program called "knowledge forum" rather than moodle, but their conclusions about collaborative learning, student to student (vs. student to teacher) communication, and treating knowledge as something that can be stored outside ourselves and collectively advanced is compelling.