Want to add a new field for a quiz for confidance based marking

Want to add a new field for a quiz for confidance based marking

by Dinesh Chandra -
Number of replies: 3
Hi, i am a new to work on moodle,
1).i want to add a new filed for a quiz b'coz i want to add a functionality for "confidance based marking".is it possible..?
2). i want to know the table name, where the user response save while attampt a quiz by user..
Please help me...
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dinesh Chandra

Re: Want to add a new field for a quiz for confidance based marking

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Are you aware that Tony Gardiner-Medwin has already implemented CBM as a customisation to Moodle 1.9: http://www.ucl.ac.uk/lapt/

Also, I am doing some work currently (Development:Question_Engine_2) that will add CBM functionality to Moodle 2.1 or 2.0.

The answer to your question is on Development:Question_database_structure and Development:Quiz_database_structure.
In reply to Tim Hunt

Thank you so much...i have got your links and changed files...but want to do this as following---

by Dinesh Chandra -

1). I am going to add CBM in moodle 1.9.6, i have added a new select box on quiz create time, so that we are able to
create that quiz will be CBM based or not...
2).Also added a new field named "cbmbase" in "mdl_quiz" table as moodle per moodle functionality.
3). I have added three radio buttons at quiz attempt for CBM.. a).Certain b). Not certain C).Guessing.
4). Now i want to add a condition if quiz is CBM based than cbm functionality will be applicable, if not than three radio buttons will be appear.
and also CBM functionality will not work...

5). Next i want to know what is question grade that moodle stores in "mdl_quiz_question_instances" table , i have also added a field in this table for CBM grade named "cbmgarde" .
6) I am confused about how moodle insert values in "mdl_quiz_question_instances" table.
example:
I have parameters to store CBM grade:
If user select a wrong answer and he is Certain about it , than his CBM grade will be (-3).
If user select a wrong answer and he is Not certain about it , than his CBM grade will be (-2).
If user select a wrong answer and he is Guessting about it , than his CBM grade will be (-1).
and opposite for a wright answer case...

I am attempting a quiz that is CBM based, i choose wrong answer according to moodle and choose Certain for this ,so how can i calculate and store values in databse..
In reply to Dinesh Chandra

Implementing CBM

by Tony Gardner-Medwin -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Info about how I have done this is in this thread. I haven't needed to alter the database structure.

Be very careful with alternative mark schemes. The scheme you propose here (1,2,3 if correct or -1,-2,-3 if incorrect) is unsatisfactory because it does not motivate a student ever to use options 1 or 2 to identify that he/she is uncertain about an answer. With this scheme it is always best either to opt for high confidence (3) or to refrain from answering at all (yielding zero). Students will either understand this, or else lose out by using options 1,2 to their disadvantage. This is discussed and explained further in publications on the LAPT website, for example in GM & Gahan (2003) (referring to scheme B in Fig.4).