PHP 5.2.5 performance

PHP 5.2.5 performance

by Lionel Redelinghuys -
Number of replies: 1
I have installed Moodle 1.9.5+ and the SANDF on an IBM S390 Arch. Mainframe running SLES10 SP1, Apache 2.2.1x (Cant remember exact version) and PHP 5.2.5.

My question is with PHP 5.2.5 as I do not see it for download on php.net. Is there really such a version and is there any know performance issues with regard to the Moodle 1.9.5+ PHP5.2.5 combination using MySQL.

Our client complains a lot about performance though we know that the SANDF network is very congested and sometimes grind to an almost complete halt (upgrades are being done).

The network to me is the main suspect but what raised the above question was that our Mainframe contact was at the Server Farm the other day where Moodle (or the server) was slow even there even though all of the other VMs on that specific machine performed pleasingly well.

Does anyone have any thoughts?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lionel Redelinghuys

Re: PHP 5.2.5 performance

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
it certainly existed... released November 2007.

I very much doubt that PHP is the source of your problems although I would note that we are now up to 5.2.11 and/or 5.3.2!!

I've never even heard of SANDF (South African National Defence Force according to Wikipedia - maybe not tongueout ) so I doubt I can much more help. The usual rants and raves apply though. Make sure you are allocating enough memory. If you are going into swap you are dead in the water.

EDIT:
SNADF perhaps?